Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Episode #1


I finally kicked things off yesterday. The show was a bit all over the place, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm still getting set up for posting podcasts with the episodes on here, so I don't have that ready for you yet. Once they're ready I'll make sure to post them on here. In the meantime here's the playlist from yesterday's show. Throughout the show I had tracks from Nick Fraser's latest record Towns and Villages playing underneath me while I talked. I didn't include those tracks on the following playlist.

Cecil Taylor - "Steps" (from the album Unit Structures)
The Joe Henderson Trio - "'Round Midnight" (from the album Joe Henderson in Japan)
Steve Reid featuring the Legendary Brotherhood - "Lions of Judah" (from the album Nova)
Oren Ambarchi - "Knots" (from the album Audience of One)
The Nick Fraser Quartet - "Sketch #12" (from the album Towns and Villages)
The September Trio - "Additives" (from the album Destructive Element)
The September Trio - "Ordinary Weirdness" (from the album Destructive Element)
Mostly Other People Do the Killing - "Can't Tell Shipp from Shohola (from the album Slippery Rock)

As you can see, I stuck with a lot of classics to kick things off, and then finished with some new cuts. I can't recommend Harris Eisenstadt's The September Trio's record Destructive Element enough. So if you enjoyed the two tracks I played yesterday, be forewarned, you'll be hearing a lot more in the weeks to come. Speaking of which, in spite of the holiday next week Monday, I will still be doing my show. So make sure to stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment